|Arts Learning Program|
The Arts Learning Program supports the goal of lifelong learning in the arts by promoting and expanding quality arts education opportunities for all Nevada citizens. To encourage participation in thecreative process, the program component include grants, statewide initiatives, and professional development opportunities.
|Nineteen students from 12 Nevada schools received National Medals in the 2014 Scholastic Art and Writing competition. More than 255,000 submissions in visual and literary arts were submitted this year; 2,050 works earned a National Medal. "The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards serve as clear validation of young artists' and writers' creative talent, persistence and promise in their respective fields," said Virginia McEnerney, Executive Director of the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, the administrator of the Scholastic Awards. The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards will webcast the National Awards Ceremony Live from Carnegie Hall on June 6 at 6 p.m. ESTA.|
Gold Medal, Best in Grade Award and American Visions Medal
• Kendall Finley-Jacob, Las Vegas - photography
• Sasha Araujo, Las Vegas - photography
• Bonnie Blair, Elko - painting
• Ava Goga, Reno - poetry
• Courtney Harper, Las Vegas - photography
• Jeremy Novak, Reno – digital art
• Lasca Stafford, Las Vegas – flash fiction
Silver Medal and American Visions Medal
• Brierley McCubbins, Sparks – photography
• Natasha Culbreth, Henderson – personal essay/memoir
• Shelby Eagleton, Las Vegas – painting
• Aimee Lowenstern, Reno – poetry
• Dominique Lucier, Yerington – drawing
• Briana Nova, Las Vegas – drawing
• Jill Rovetti, Reno – photography
• Sabrina Sissom, Sparks - poetry
• Isabela Vining, Reno – painting
• Mckenna Whitlock, Sparks – short story
America Voices Medal
• Celeste Barnaby, Reno – persuasive writing
• Sarah Earl, Las Vegas- persuasive writing
ARTIST RESIDENCY EXPRESS GRANTS
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
ARTS LICENSE PLATE
Drive home your support of the arts with a "Rich in Art" license plate. For each plate issued, $15 of the initial fee and $10 of the renewal fee supports statewide arts education programs of the NevadaArts Council and VSA arts of Nevada. Read more.
POETRY OUT LOUD
The National Endowment for the Arts and The Poetry Foundation have partnered with State Arts Agencies to support the expansion of Poetry Out Loud, which encourages the nation's youth to learn about great poetry through memorization and performance. Read more.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
NAC continues to work with Western States Arts Federation on Grants Online GO™, our new online grant application and management system for fiscal 2013. GO™ workshops to be announced.
The Arts Education Program offers research, guidance and referrals for the development of arts education projects and plans. AE staff can assist in identifying and applying for alternative sources forfunding that support arts education, and provide material support for arts education advocacy.
NAC STAFF ASSISTANCE
|Arts Learning Program Coordinator||Maryjane Dorofachuk||702.486.3738|