FY14 Grant Guidelines | GO™ | Grant Management Forms
Jackpots Grants are awarded on a quarterly schedule to eligible individuals and organizations to support new or exemplary arts projects. Jackpots are also designed to support activities that help artists further their careers. Artists must have attained a certain level of proficiency as represented in the quality of work samples submitted with the applications.
Examples of eligible Jackpot projects for organizations include:
• Arts exhibitions, performances, readings and concerts
• Sponsoring of arts related workshops and conferences
• Marketing and promotional activities
Examples of eligible Jackpot projects for individuals include:
• Preparing portfolios and work samples
• Presentation of work (performances, exhibitions, publications, etc.)
• Artist Fellowship recipients may not apply for a Jackpot Grant during the entire Fellowship year (July 1–June 30).
• Current recipients of a Project, Development, PIE Grant, or a BETA grant are not eligible for a JackpotGrant.
• Artists who work in an artistic capacity (such as artistic directors, executive directors, conductors) with an organization presently receiving a NAC grant are not eligible to apply for an individual Jackpot Grant project with their respective organizations.
• Arts administrators and individuals affiliated with an organization should apply for a Professional Development Grant (PDG) to support professional development activities.
• Applicants may receive one Jackpot Grant award per year.
ELIGIBLE GRANT AMOUNT
Up to $1,000
• Individuals are not required to match Jackpot Grants.
• Organizations must have at least a dollar for dollar (1:1) cash match and may not apply for more than 50% of a project’s allowable costs. In-kind contributions may not be counted toward the required match, but documentation is encouraged to demonstrate community support of the project.
JACKPOT GRANT DEADLINES
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Call the Grant Program Coordinator to see if your project qualifies for a Jackpot Grant. We recommend that you submit a draft application for staff review at least three weeks prior to the application deadline.
Step 2: Beginning in FY13, all Nevada Arts Council (NAC) grant applications, support material and final reports must be submitted through Grants Online™ (GO™), our new online grants management system. GO™ guides you through the application process by combination of help screens, links to instructions, and checks for math and other errors. Follow GO™ instructions to register, create your applicant profile, answer narrative questions, complete the budget section, upload support material and submit the completed application. If you need help using GO™ please contact NAC staff at 702.486.3700 or 775.687.6680.
Step 3: Mail your signed signature application page to: Nevada Arts Council, 716 N Carson St., Suite A, Carson City NV 89701
NAC STAFF ASSISTANCE
Grants Program Coordinator